Woman killed and raped in Indonesia

Written by: mottaman | 26 Jan 2019 16:16
Written by:
26 Jan 2019 16:16

Police in Indonesia have nabbed four men who allegedly murdered a 20-year-old woman and then gang-raped and buried her corpse.

According to reports, the victim's burned body was discovered by resident in a paddy field in Sungai Rambutan, Jakarta.

Reports in The Jakarta Post said the corpse was found on a burned mattress and an earring was also found at the site.

Head of Ogan Ilir Police’s crime investigation unit, Adj. Comr. Maliki Fahrin, said the body was found by local farmer Tugino, 43, and his son Agus Rianto, 20. At first they thought it was an animal carcass.

Police say the circumstances that led to the woman’s death, whom they identify as IA, began when she arrived at the home of a man they refer to as AS on Saturday at 9 p.m. There, police say, she was also greeted by Tete, 22 Feri, 30, and two 16-year-old boys. Police claim they asked her to join a party taking place in the house and to consume crystal methamphetamine with them.

In the middle of the party, AS allegedly asked IA for sex in lieu of Rp 1.5 million that she had previously borrowed from him. IA reportedly refused, but AS allegedly forced her into a bedroom where she continued struggling to escape, so police say AS asked others to hold her down.

Since IA still kept fighting, police claim AS hit her head with a heavy wooden beam and strangled her with a wire until she was dead. Apparently unaware that the woman had been killed, AS and Tete allegedly raped her while the others watched. The victim’s body was then put into a sack and carried to a pickup truck. AS then allegedly asked one of the 16-year-old boys to buy gasoline.

South Sumatra Police chief Insp. Gen. Zulkarnain Adinegara revealed on Wednesday that four of the suspects, Tete, Feri and the two 16-year-olds, had been arrested and the pickup allegedly used to carry the victim’s body had been seized.

He said police were searching for AS.

“AS is still on the run,” Zulkarnain said at the Bhayangkara Palembang Hospital on Wednesday.

An uncle of IA named Burhan said he and his family went to Palembang to undergo DNA tests to make sure that the burned body actually belonged to IA.

He said his niece had been missing since Saturday after she said she was going to AS’ place. "We heard nothing since she left. Then we saw in social media news of a body being burned so we came to Palembang to check,” he said.

Burhan said IA had a child.

Want to be heard? Let us help you!


Is your local authority slacking? Do you get shoddy service in a restaurant and your complaints fell on deaf ears? Let us know what your grouses are. We will try to help you amplify your grievances.


If there’s a burning issue you want to get off your chest, feel free to drop a line too. We are here to provide you with a platform to air your views. We believe fringe opinions have a right to be heard, just as mainstream ones do.


Send us photos or videos with your story here or email us at [email protected].

Malaysian Talk - giving YOU more say in information creation and dissemination!

your views
editor's picks
like us on facebook