Orang Asli boy suffers 70 per cent burns

Written by: mottaman | 05 Jan 2019 13:48
Written by:
05 Jan 2019 13:48

An Orang Asli boy suffered 70 per cent burns to his body after he was electrocuted at a Power Processing Unit (PPU) in Kampung Sentol, Pos Betau in Lipis.

Police said the nine-year-old boy had accompanied his father from Kampung Simoi to make a phone call from a public booth about noon.

While his father was on the phone, the boy entered the PPU through a broken fence.

The father did not notice the boy was missing till he heard a loud explosion and later discovered his son was badly hurt.

He rushed his son to a health clinic and he was later sent to the Lipis Hospital.

The boy was reported to be stable and under observation.

Police have since urged parents to be extra alert on their children's actions.

Get better soon, little boy.

Want to be heard? Let us help you!


Is your local authority slacking? Do you get shoddy service in a restaurant and your complaints fell on deaf ears? Let us know what your grouses are. We will try to help you amplify your grievances.


If there’s a burning issue you want to get off your chest, feel free to drop a line too. We are here to provide you with a platform to air your views. We believe fringe opinions have a right to be heard, just as mainstream ones do.


Send us photos or videos with your story here or email us at [email protected].

Malaysian Talk - giving YOU more say in information creation and dissemination!

your views
editor's picks
like us on facebook