News

Electric shock from charging phone kills boy

Written by: mottaman | 05 Dec 2018 08:45
Picture from Sinar Harian
Written by:
05 Dec 2018 08:45
Share


A youth died while sleeping after he got electrocuted by his handphone which was being charged at his home in Kampung Gaing Baru Pedas in Rembau recently.

Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin, 16, was found by his mother about 12.45pm.

Police said the victim's mother returned home for lunch when she discovered her son was still in bed.

When she left for work about 7.45am, she noticed the boy still in bed and thought he was sleeping.

However, when she returned, she found the victim in the same position.

According to Sinar Harian, the woman tried to wake him, but there was no response and his body was cold.

She then called for help and medical officers who arrived at the scene confirmed the victim was dead.

There were no bruises or swellings on the victim's body except for some blood on his left ear.

At the time, the victim was using headphones and his phone was being charged.

There were also burn marks near the switch where the charger was plugged in.

A post-mortem confirmed that the victim died due to an electric shock.

Want to be heard? Let us help you!

COMPLAINTS & GROUSES

Is your local authority slacking? Do you get shoddy service in a restaurant and your complaints fell on deaf ears? Let us know what your grouses are. We will try to help you amplify your grievances.

COMMENTS & OPINIONS

If there’s a burning issue you want to get off your chest, feel free to drop a line too. We are here to provide you with a platform to air your views. We believe fringe opinions have a right to be heard, just as mainstream ones do.

CONTACT US

Send us photos or videos with your story here or email us at [email protected].

Malaysian Talk - giving YOU more say in information creation and dissemination!

your views
editor's picks
like us on facebook