Woman's hand phone suddenly explodes

Written by: mottaman | 28 Mar 2019 15:02
Pictures from Chinese press
Written by:
28 Mar 2019 15:02

A woman was rudely awakened when her hand phone suddenly exploded.

According to reports in the Chinese media, the 58-year-old woman had placed her phone just next to her pillow.

The incident occurred about 4.30am on Tuesday in Segamat, Johor.

The woman had apparently gone to bed about 4am and about 30 minutes later, she heard a loud bang, like firecrackers.

When she got up, she claimed she could see some bright sparks in the darkness.

"I switched on the light and noticed that my phone had exploded. There was still some powder-like stuff coming from the phone which was still spinning on the floor," she said.

She said her bed sheet, hair clip and the floor were damaged in the incident.

She said she had been using the same phone for the last six years.

"I was not even charging the phone at the time and am just glad I was not injured," she added.

Want to be heard? Let us help you!


Is your local authority slacking? Do you get shoddy service in a restaurant and your complaints fell on deaf ears? Let us know what your grouses are. We will try to help you amplify your grievances.


If there’s a burning issue you want to get off your chest, feel free to drop a line too. We are here to provide you with a platform to air your views. We believe fringe opinions have a right to be heard, just as mainstream ones do.


Send us photos or videos with your story here or email us at [email protected].

Malaysian Talk - giving YOU more say in information creation and dissemination!

your views
editor's picks
like us on facebook